The avocado is a rather unique type of fruit and most of the fruits consists of primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fats. It has powerful beneficial effects on health.
Spanish conquistadors had their own historian, Oviedo, who reported very positively about avocados discovered in Mexico around the year of 1519. But this interesting fruit has graced Central and South America for perhaps 10,000 years for using it as their food, according to the avocado-inspired drawings and artifacts found in early Aztec settlements.
Here are a few health benefits of avocado that are mentioned below:
- Avocado is Incredibly Nutritious– Avocado is a green, pear-shaped fruit often called an “alligator pear.” It is loaded with healthy fats, fiber and various important nutrients.
- They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas –Potassium is an important mineral that most people don’t get enough of. Avocados are very high in potassium, which should support healthy blood pressure levels.
- Avocado is Loaded With Heart Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty– Avocados and avocado oil are high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid that is believed to be also one of the main reasons for the health benefits of olive oil as well as avocado.
- Avocados Are Loaded with Fiber– Avocados tend to be high in fiber, about 7% of the weight, which is very high compared to most other foods that we eat in our lives. Fiber can have various important benefits for helping in weight loss and improving our metabolic health.
- Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels – It can improve heart disease risk factors like Total, LDL and HDL cholesterol as well as blood triglycerides.
- People Who Eat Avocados Tend to be Healthier– People who ate avocados had a much higher nutrient intake and had a lower risk of metabolic syndrome.
- The Fat in Them Can Help You Absorb Nutrients from Plant Foods– Eating avocado or avocado oil with veggies can dramatically increase the amount of antioxidants you take in with your diet.
- Avocados Are Loaded with Powerful Antioxidants That Can Protect the Eyes– Avocados are high in antioxidants and these nutrients are very important for our eye health and to lower the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Avocado May Help Prevent Cancer –Some studies in isolated cells have shown that nutrients in avocados may have benefits in preventing prostate cancer as well as lowering side effects of chemotherapy in some cells.
- Avocado Extract May Help Relieve Symptoms of Arthritis– An extract from avocado and soybean oils can significantly reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Eating Avocado May Help In Losing Weight
- Avocado is Delicious and Easy to Add and Incorporate in The Diet
A Recipe of Avocado for You to Try it Out:
Hass avocados are a quick and easy way to add flavor and fun to your menu. Versatile Hass Avocados can be added quickly and easily to any dish for any occasion.
HASS AVOCADO AND RED POTATO SALAD RECIPE
Preparation time of the recipe is 15 minutes
Avocados add a tantalizing twist to traditional potato salad which is made for serving of 8 persons in this recipe.
Ingredients of the recipe are the following:
- 2 lbs. red potatoes that are cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup of low fat mayonnaise
- 5 tsp. of cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. of Dijon-style mustard
- ¾ tsp. of ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp. of salt
- 4 green onions which will be sliced
- 2 ripe, fresh Hass avocados, seeded, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
Instructions for the recipe:
- First of all, place potatoes in a medium pan and cover it with water. After doing this, bring water to a boil and cook potatoes for about 15 minutes or until it is just tender when we pierced it with a fork.
- Drain them well and pour it into the bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper into the bowl.
- Add dressing and green onions with the potatoes and gently toss and stir along with the avocados.
- Refrigerate the whole bowl of it for 4 hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend into the salad.
Don’t forget that large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces it If it is used as a smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly. Playing roulette can be fun and entertaining, and with the option of playing it online, it’s been made easier and convenient too.